Quechua Alliance 2023
In-person event: April 1, 2023 – Harvard University (Boston Area)
Deadline for proposals: February 16th, 2023
We invite educators, community leaders, scholars, and students to send proposals for presentations. Presentations can take the form of interactive activities, workshops, open discussions, or scholarly talks. Each presentation will last up to 20 minutes in totaland can be presented by one person or a group.
Presentations can be given in Quechua, Spanish, or English. Priority will be given to presentations that include interactive content.
Please submit a title and a 200-250 word presentation description in a PDF document to https://forms.gle/WnWhVeGeckysE1K37 The deadline for submission is February 16th, 2023.. Include participant names and organization in the body of the email (if applicable). Decisions will be sent out by the end of the same month.
Please note that unfortunately the event committee will be unable to assist with participant expenses for travel and lodging.
Possible presentation themes:
· ● The integration of Quechua and technology: apps, social media, digital projects
· ● Quechua learning materials
· ● Pedagogical strategies in practice: Games and activities
· ● Quechua & the arts (music, film, dance, etc.)
· ● Community outreach in US Andean spaces
· ● Highlighting Quechua-related initiatives
· ● Topics concerning Quechua linguistics
· ● Quechua in the Global context
Previous year’ presentation topics included:
Interactive workshop on Andean clothes
The use of interactive games in teaching Quechua
Presentation of new dictionaries or language textbooks
Narrative strategies in Quechua testimonio
Recent rap in Quechua
Quechua linguistics discussion
La práctica del idioma quechua, las costumbres, los ritos y rituales en EEUU
If you have questions, please check our F.A.Q. page or send us an e-mail quechuaalliance @ gmail.com